Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meet Dr. Cindy Asbjornsen


As the Vein Healthcare Center approaches another anniversary of serving patients in Maine and New England, we thought we’d revisit this interview with VHC founder Dr. Cindy Asbjornsen:

Q: What were your most important needs in getting started?
A: I think my most important need was building a team of business advisers. Although I had a strong grasp of the medical side of the practice, the business side remained a bit of a mystery. While I have a general understanding of the business, there’s no reason for me to have expertise in everything, not when there are people on my team who do that. Assembling a strong team, including bookkeepers and legal and financial experts, was critical in getting my practice off the ground, and they remain very important in running the practice, so I can focus on caring for patients.

Since this interview was published, Dr. Asbjornsen has been named a Fellow by the American College of Phlebology, contributed to two respected books about phlebology, and moved back to Peaks Island!

To read more of the Maine Women article, click here. To learn more about Dr. Asbjornsen, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment